Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crappy Airport Food

Since this is my first post, and I haven't even made it off the continent yet, please don't expect much in the way of content. I'm currently sitting at a random gate in the United Airlines terminal at Washington Dulles (I got here so early the gate information for my flight hasn't even been posted yet). What to do with my six hour layover? I ate at a place called Moe's Grill, figuring it could be awhile before I would get a good burger again. I regret my decision. Soon I will see if the news kiosk across from my gate sells tums. 

I woke up at the earliest hour in recent memory this morning -- 6:30am! -- and boarded my flight out of Rochester praying to avoid a double bird hit. I took my seat next to a woman who immediately remarked that it was a pretty empty flight. Taking her cue, I moved to an empty row, sat at the window, and watched Rochester fade away with glee (not that I don't miss my family and home, because I do, but I have reason to believe I will find Amsterdam a bit more stimulating than going to Wegman's for kicks). 

It's a bit strange to think that I won't be back in the states for four months, but I'm currently watching CNN show highlights of last night's Nancy Grace and I'm thinking it'll be nice to be away from this for awhile. Not too sure when I'll get time to make another post because my orientation is going to be extremely busy, but check back soon for an update from Amsterdam.


1 comment:

  1. are you ever gonna post again? i'm starting to reconsider having your Blog on my bookmark toolbar,

    ReplyDelete